The following job postings are available. In order to apply for a City of Dallas job opening you must fill out the employment application. The application can be completed online with the link below or in person at City Hall, Monday – Friday 8 am – 5pm.
To apply for a position with the City of Dallas, please fill out the application form below. Please be sure to upload a current copy of your resume or email to Tina Clark.
Starting Salary :Non-Certified $14.66 hour ($32,017.44 annual)
Certified $16.24 hour ($35,468.16 annual).
All applicants must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license, High School Diploma or GED. Applicants must pass a comprehensive background investigation, psychological exam, medical examination, drug and alcohol screening, and an oral interview. Ability to work 12-hour shifts including nights and weekends, and possess good communication and public relations skills. All applicants must possess Georgia POST Peace Officer Certification, or the ability to obtain certification. Recent Academy graduates are encouraged to apply
Public Safety Employee Benefits include:
• GMA defined benefit retirement plan with 5 year vesting and early retirement options. City contributes 100% towards the plan;
• Health, Prescription & Dental benefits, City pays 100% towards single coverage for Health & Dental and pays 75% of dependent health and dental coverage;
• City paid employee Life/AD&D Insurance;
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave;
• All uniforms and equipment furnished;
• Take home car program for qualifying officers, within 25 miles of the city;
• Job Training paid by the city;
• Health & Wellness Program;
• Discounted Fitness Center Memberships
- E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States.
- For most employers, the use of E-Verify is voluntary and limited to determining the employment eligibility of new hires only. The E-Verify system is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration.
- The City of Dallas (GA) presently uses E-Verify. For more details on E-Verify, click here.
- The City of Dallas is an E-Verify Employer – ID#107939
- The City of Dallas will consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any legally protected status.
City of Dallas
Standing on a tradition of community, independence, and growth, the City of Dallas renews its commitment to prosperity of its residents and business owners.