The City of Dallas Stormwater Division’s mission is to provide a comprehensive stormwater management program that will address infrastructure problems, enhance water quality, and improve the overall quality of life for our citizens.
- Maintain the drainage infrastructure, which includes routine inspections, cleaning storm drain pipes and ditches, and repairing & installing drainage systems as needed.
- Oversee capital improvement projects.
- Inspect new construction sites for compliance with erosion control and city development standards and monitor for illegal dumping & litter.
- Supervise the planting and removal of trees within the City’s right of way.
- Protect and improve the City’s surface water quality through pollution prevention and watershed improvement.