Welcome to the City of Dallas Street Department. We are responsible for maintenance of the city’s infrastructure, including roads, streets, sidewalks and storm sewer drains. In addition, the Street Department is responsible for cutting right-of-ways, street sign installation & maintenance, and asphalt patching.
The Street Department is a division of Public Works. The Street Department has maintenance workers that work in conjunction with other Public Works Departments to insure the Street Department goals are met.
Helps keep the City of Dallas looking clean and beautiful by:
- Picking up litter
- Cutting and trimming grass and trees on city property and right-of-ways
- Cleaning sidewalks
- Removal of graffiti
Maintains city roads, streets, and sidewalks by:
- Ensuring roads and streets stay in safe and good condition
- Asphalt patching, repairing damages to curbs and sidewalks
- Resurfacing under LMIG program
Maintains storm sewer drains and ditches by:
- Keeps storm drains and city ditches clean and free of debris
- Cleaning catch basins and manholes
- Inspects storm drains and ditches to ensure they are not showing signs of illicit discharge
- Makes repairs or modifications to storm drains and the city ditch system as needed or require
The City of Dallas offers yard debris pickup. Pickup is done on Mondays. If at the end of the day there are still addresses that were unable to be picked up, they are placed at the front of the list for the following Monday and picked up then.
Yard debris piles must be placed on the right of way and homeowner/tenant must call into Public Works to be placed on the list. Items accepted are leaves and limb/tree clippings.
Limb sizes must be less than 4″ in diameter and no longer than 5’ long. Lawn bags filled with clippings are accepted as well. To be placed on the list, please call 770-443-8110 x1403.
Street lighting is provided by Georgia Power or GreyStone Power Corporation, depending upon the area in which you live. To report a street light problem, please give us a call at 770- 443-8110 x1403.